Connect with us


Grizzlies beat Lakers in Game 2 without Ja Morant



Xavier Tillman scored a career-high 22 points and grabbed 13 rebounds as the Memphis Grizzlies tied the Western Conference first round 1-1 on Wednesday night, beating the Los Angeles Lakers 103-93 with an injured arm .

No. 2nd seed Memphis sat down Morant after he checked out a right hand, initially injured in an April 7 win over Milwaukee, and aggravated a basket hit in the first loss to the Lakers. He had more hand exams before being declared inactive and watching from the bench with his hand bandaged.

Morant’s teammates more than made up for his absence. The Grizzlies led by a whopping 20, with fans waving towels chanting “Whoop That Trick” with 30 seconds left, and the streak guaranteed a return to Memphis in Game 5. The Grizzlies were able to play the final seconds to win.


The Memphis Grizzlies guard Ja Morant’s watch during Game 2 of the NBA Basketball Team’s First Round Playoff Series against the Los Angeles Lakers on Wednesday, April 19, 2023, in Memphis, Tennessee. (AP Photo/Brandon Dill)

Jaren Jackson Jr., the NBA’s top defenseman, scored 18 points for Memphis. Desmond Bain had 17 points and Tyus Jones had 10 points and eight assists instead of Morant. Dillon Brooks scored 12 points and Luke Kennard 13.

LeBron James led the Lakers with 28 points and 12 rebounds. Reserve Rui Hachimura showed another strong performance with 20 points. Anthony Davis struggled hard after he double-doubled in Game 1, scoring 4-of-14 to end the game with 13 points and eight rebounds.

The Lakers, who won 11 games out of 13, snapped a four-game winning streak. Now they’re heading home for Game 3 on Saturday night after never leading more than three times, thanks to the first points of the game.

Memphis took control in the first quarter 22-8, with straight three-pointers within 10 seconds from rookie David Roddy, then Kennard, who was also fouled on a four-point play.


LeBron James guard by David Roddy

Los Angeles Lakers forward LeBron James (6) is defended by Memphis Grizzlies forward David Roddy (27) in the second half of Game 2 of the NBA First Round Playoff Series on Wednesday, April 19, 2023, in Memphis, Tennessee. (AP Photo/Brandon Dill)

With Bain scoring 10 points, Memphis led 30-19 after the first. Jackson made his first three with 58 seconds left, and the Grizzlies went into the inning 59–44 after beating the Lakers 29–25 in the second.

Hachimura scored 11 points in Game 3 to help the Lakers close a lead over Memphis that had gone from 66–46 to 73–67. The Grizzlies finished the quarter 10–4, extending their lead to 83–71 and moving into fourth place.

The Lakers never got closer than 94-88 in the final quarter due to James’ layup with 3:10 left. Memphis hit five in a row, bringing him back to double figures.


Lakers: They ended up outgunning 49-47 in rebounds, though they tied Memphis in paint scoring 50 each despite trailing 38-20 in the first half. … Austin Reeves scored 12 points after 23 in the first match. He was 5 out of 12 in that game. … D’Angelo Russell scored five points, scoring 5 of 11 after 19 in the first game.

Grizzlies: Jackson was presented with the NBA Defensive Player of the Year trophy before kickoff. … Injuries have kept Morant out of four of the Grizzlies’ last five playoff games since last year’s conference semi-finals.

Dillon Brooks screaming

April 19, 2023; Memphis, Tennessee, USA; Memphis Grizzlies forward Dillon Brooks, 24, reacts to a first-half dunk in Game 2 of the 2023 NBA Playoffs against the Los Angeles Lakers at FedExForum. (Petre Thomas-USA TODAY Sports)



Tillman scored more points in the first quarter than in all first-time losses. He hit his first six shots before missing the seventh, 3, trying to beat the buzzer that hit the right wing. He finished the season with more rebounds.

Substitute John Konchar also had his moment when he blocked the entire ball from a Davis shot in the second quarter.


Moon Bin, K-pop star and ASTRO member, found dead at home at the age of 25.



K-pop star Moon Bin was found dead at his home at the age of 25, his agency revealed on Thursday.

The singer, a member of the popular boy band ASTRO, is reported not to answer his manager on Wednesday night in Seoul.

Police are currently investigating the cause of death but have not yet found signs of foul play, Yonhap news agency reported. Officials from the Seoul Gangnam District Police Station did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Moon Bin’s music label, Fantagio, confirmed his death in a statement Thursday.

“On April 19th, ASTRO member Moonbin suddenly left our world and became a star in the sky,” the agency said on its official Twitter page. It said that fellow artists mourned him in a state of “very deep sadness and shock”.

“Please refrain from making speculative and malicious reports about the family of the victims who unexpectedly received this sad news, and may they mourn with reverence,” the statement said.

The family will hold the funeral with friends and colleagues as privately as possible, he said.

The statement did not contain any information about the cause of death.

Local media reported that one ASTRO member had urgently retired from the country’s armed forces, and another cut short a trip to the US following the news.

Moon Bin, born on January 26, 1998, was an actor and model before joining ASTRO. The six-member group debuted in 2016 after the members appeared on a popular reality show.

It quickly achieved success in both South Korea and Japan, with Billboard listing ASTRO as one of the top 10 new K-pop groups of that year.

The group has released three full-length albums, 10 EPs and two singles. Hits include “Candy Sugar Pop”, “All Night”, “Crazy Sexy Cool” and more.

Moon Bin was also a member of the duo Moonbin & Sanha. On Wednesday, their promoter announced the cancellation of their show in Indonesia “due to unforeseen circumstances beyond our control.”

His sister, Moon Sua, is also a K-pop celebrity, having been a member of the girl group Billie. The group has canceled or postponed all scheduled activities following the death of her brother, just like other K-pop figures.

The unexpected loss caused an outpouring of shock and sadness on social media, with fans thanking Moon Bin for his work and expressing their sympathy.

Moon Bin’s death is the latest such case among prominent young celebrities in South Korea, a trend that has prompted the country to reflect on the pressures stars face in a booming entertainment industry, toxic online fan culture and attitudes towards mental health.

Last week, actress Jung Chae Yul was found dead in her apartment at the age of 26.

South Korea has the highest rate of suicide deaths among countries in the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD).

Celebrities in South Korea face many challenges, said Kwang-min Lee, professor at the Seoul National University College of Medicine and director of Mind Lab Space Space, a mental health clinic in Seoul.

They often live in “closed environments as companies limit their privacy and many of their activities,” he told NBC News. “They also find it difficult to request and manage mental health support, as it can also turn into gossip that people will talk about.”

According to Lee, celebrities, music labels and the country’s society tend to be prejudiced against therapy, which is why many of them remain silent instead of seeking help.

These issues, according to Lee, are often exacerbated by internet fandom culture, which can be toxic.

If you or someone you know is in a crisis, call 988 for the Suicide and Crisis Helpline. You can also call the network formerly known as the National Suicide Prevention Line at 800-273-8255write HOME to 741741 or visit for additional resources.

Continue Reading


At least 78 killed in stampede in Yemeni capital



SANAA, Yemen (AP) — A crowd apparently frightened by gunfire and an electric blast rushed to a fundraising event during the Muslim holy month of Ramadan in the Yemeni capital late Wednesday night, killing at least 78 people and at least 73 were injured. according to witnesses and Houthi rebel officials.

The tragedy, the deadliest in recent years not related to the long-running conflict in Yemen, occurred on the eve of the Muslim holiday of Eid al-Adha, which marks the end of Ramadan later this week.

According to two witnesses, Abdel-Rahman Ahmed and Yahya Mohsen, armed Houthis fired into the air in an attempt to contain the crowd, apparently hitting an electrical wire and exploding it. According to them, this caused a panic, and people, including many women and children, began to stamp their feet.

A video posted to social media shows dozens of bodies, some motionless, others screaming as people try to help. Separate footage of the aftermath, released by Houthi officials, shows bloodstains, shoes and clothes of the victims strewn across the ground. Investigators were seen to be inspecting the area.

According to the Houthi-run interior ministry, the stampede took place in the Old City in central Sana’a, where hundreds of the poor had gathered for a charity event organized by traffickers. Distribution of financial aid is a ritual during Ramadan, when believers fast from dawn to dusk.

According to eyewitnesses, people gathered to receive $10 each from a charity funded by local businessmen. Wealthy people and businessmen often distribute money and food, especially to the poor during Ramadan.

Interior Ministry spokesman Brigadier Abdel-Khalek al-Aghri blamed the stampede on “random distribution” of funds without the consent of local authorities.

Motaher al-Maruni, a senior health official, said 78 people were killed, according to the rebels’ satellite TV channel Al-Masirah. According to the deputy director of the hospital, Hamdan Bagheri, at least 73 people were injured and taken to Al-Thawra Hospital in Sana’a.

The rebels quickly cordoned off the school where the event was taking place and kept people out, including journalists.

The Ministry of Internal Affairs said that they detained two organizers, an investigation is underway.

The Houthis said they would pay about $2,000 in compensation to every family that lost a relative, while the wounded would receive about $400.

The Yemeni capital has been under the control of the Iranian-backed Houthis since they fled their northern stronghold in 2014 and toppled the internationally recognized government.

This prompted a coalition led by Saudi Arabia to intervene in 2015 to try to restore the government.

In recent years, the conflict has turned into a proxy war between Saudi Arabia and Iran that has killed more than 150,000 people, including militants and civilians, and created one of the world’s worst humanitarian disasters.

According to the United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs, more than 21 million people in Yemen, or two-thirds of the country’s population, are in need of assistance and protection. Among those in need, more than 17 million are considered particularly vulnerable.

In February, the United Nations said it had raised only $1.2 billion of a planned $4.3 billion at a conference aimed at raising funds to alleviate the humanitarian crisis.

Magdi reports from Cairo.

Continue Reading


Pistol-wielding January 6 Capitol rioter found guilty of all charges



WASHINGTON. A January 6 rioter who admitted he was armed with a concealed weapon during the attack on the US Capitol was found guilty on all nine counts on Wednesday.

Christopher Alberts, Maryland, was arrested with a weapon on the night of January 6, 2021, after spending several hours on the Capitol grounds. He was wearing a gas mask and a safety vest, as well as a backpack with prepared food and other supplies, including bungee cords.

After the verdict was announced, Justice Department prosecutors attempted to take Alberts into custody and keep him in custody until sentencing, which is set for July 19. But U.S. District Judge Christopher Cooper said he would allow Alberts to remain in custody until then.

Alberts assured Cooper after his conviction that he would appear on the sentencing date.

Guilty verdicts could land Alberts in jail for more than five years, prosecutors said.

Alberts was accompanied by his fiancée into the courtroom on Wednesday. Both looked shocked when the verdict was read out.

Alberts and one of his lawyers, John Pierce, declined to comment on the verdict.

Alberts said in his testimony that “instinct took over” when he used a wooden pallet to “build a wall” between the police and the rioters. He claimed that the police used excessive force after thousands of Trump supporters entered the closed area of ​​the Capitol and began to climb the platform set up for the inauguration of Joe Biden.

“Someone had to put an end to this,” Alberts said. “It wasn’t right.”

Before he attacked the police line, evidence showed that Alberts helped clear a path so authorities could escort another 6 January rioter who needed medical attention to safety.

Alberts claimed the crowd was “completely peaceful” and said there were “a couple of thousand patriots” on the lawn. He said he was “afraid he was about to be shot” when the officer put his hand on their gun.

Under cross-examination, Alberts admitted to calling the police “domestic terrorists”, shouting “You all wanted war, you asked for it, you got it” and threw a water bottle at the policemen’s feet.

This article was originally published on

Continue Reading


Copyright © 2023 Millennial One Media.